To promote the artwork of consumers and staff of mental health services through the “Reflections Art Gallery” and the “Art Wall” located in the Common Roof Barrie.
Representatives from agencies within the common roof as well as a student from Georgian College acting as the Curator.
The Committee does not have a predetermined meeting schedule, but meets as required.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Committee
- To promote mental health wellness and advocacy.
- To promote artists who are consumers of mental health services and local artists.
- To promote community art and collaborations with Georgian College, local galleries like MacLaren and the ongoing work of CMHA’s Gifts in Shadows events.
- To support diversity, where human rights are respected, different religions, cultures, race, lesbian, gay and transgendered people are welcome and supported.
- To decide as a team the art to be shown in the gallery space.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Curator
- To forward future artists to the Committee Chair to share with the committee to decide as a team for future showings.
- To create a postcard with the artist bio and information about the art to promote the opening of the show.
- To provide refreshments for the opening.
- To rotate the art in the Reflections Gallery space and the board room hallway.
The Task Group is accountable to the Common Roof Partner Committee and provides monthly updates to the common roof Building Committee.